Jan 26, 2005
Fact and Fiction in the Cosmological Literature
Dr. Ned Wright, UCLA
Which of the following statements is true?--
- (a) Inflation causes the Universe to expand faster than the speed of light,
- (b) Objects receding faster than light are invisible,
- (c) Redshift is due to the expansion of space \& not a Doppler shift,
- (d) CMB data show the Universe is flat,
- (e) High redshift supernova data rule out evolving supernovae,
- (f) None of the above.
Begin WebCam and audio for the whole talk: high bandwidth or medium bandwidth.
Or, begin audio only for the whole talk:
high bandwidth or low bandwidth.
(Or, right-click to download the whole audio file.)
Begin QuickTime of the whole talk (high bandwidth).
To begin viewing slides, click on the first slide below.
(Or, view as pdf.)
Author entry (protected)